Sunday, July 08, 2007

Did I find something that works?

Wow... it's been a while since I posted-- hopefully for the right reasons.

First and foremost, life has been crazy busy. Chasing an almost-two-year-old around, working, and taking care of life in general has been a real full-time job. Second, I may have found the right med for me.

I've dabbled with a lot of different meds over the course of the past couple years, trying to find the one that would work the best, with the least side-effects. I've tried Effexor, Inderal, and Topamax all to less-than-satisfying results. Recently, I tapered off the Topamax and started taking Neurontin. Swallowing a neurotransmitter every day seems a little weird, but it seems to be having a positive effect without any bad side-effects.

The best part for me is that I'm on basically the lowest dose (or, as my neuro put it: "the baby dose"). If I'm having success with this low of a dose, and I need to titrate up, I've got lots of room to go.

I promise to check back in more often.

-Rob

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 05, 2008 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Daryl said...

My name is Jessica and I’ve suffered from Migraines for most of my life. My Migraines were so excruciating that I wished I could take my head off. I remember being at the grocery store when I started to see pink spots and then go blind in one eye. I knew it was time to get home, turn the lights off and lay in a quiet place. I’ve tried Imitrex, Topomax, etc., but none of those prescription medications prevented the problem. I even stopped drinking caffeine and alcohol and changed my diet, but the Migraines continued. The fear of Migraines was running my life, ruining my life and my family’s life. I’m happy to report that six months ago I found an All-Natural remedy and now I’m Migraine Free! I know it’s hard to imagine life without Migraines. But being Migraine Free like me, you could actually plan vacations, enjoy birthday parties and holidays or just a quiet evening at home with your family. I’d love to share my story with those that suffer with Migraines because there is a better way to live. Stop the suffering…contact me today at: www.pulse4theheart.com

Talk to you soon,
Jessica
woods@maxhealthteam.com
Ph. 206.600.5303

 
At Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:51:00 PM, Anonymous middleton migrainer said...

re: daryl's comment. your name is jessica but your username is 'daryl'? and you're going around posting the same exact sob story & advertisement on dozens of migraine blogs. get a life! we're smarter than that.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Contents Copyright ©2006 Robert M. Streno
This blog is intended as a journal of my own personal experiences with migraine, and should not be used for any type of self-diagnosis. If you believe that you have a medical condition that needs addressed, please see a doctor.